“Technologies maturation and development for integration of a Turboprop Aircraft Engine system” - POR FESR Piedmont
Project n. F/040007/00/X31 - CUP: B68I15000100008
“Technologies maturation and development for integration of a Turboprop Aircraft Engine system”
Achieved thanks to co-financing
Of the POR FESR Piedmont 2014-2020
ASSE I – Action I.1b.1
With the project proposal, Avio Aero intends to develop innovative technologies, know-how and skills for advanced engine architectures. The total investment for Avio Aero is around 38M€ in 4 years of activities.
Taking in consideration the next generation Small Turboprop architecture, the goal of the project is to make a step change in engine performance reducing economic and environmental impacts.
The main guidelines of the project are:
- Engine system integration with part count reduction using Additive Manufacturing technology
- Advance aero and thermal design of Power Turbine
- Ultra-compact combustor
- Control System development
- GBX in Additive Manufacturing with the achievement of the first engine certification.
All these goals have as aim:
- The reduction of fuel consumption and operating costs of the propulsion system
- The improvement of reliability and of safety for passengers.